December 11, 2011

pin up.

admittedly, i've totally overworn this blush colored h&m dress in spring/summers past.  true story.  while recently rummaging through my closet it made me sad to skim over it so quickly. . . so i decided to show her a little winter love too!  {yay, i'm sure my friends are super excited to see it again}.  here's how i did it:  
dress, h&m // black lace top, bcbg {current} // chambray button up, target // vest, gap //  vintage locket, mae's // bracelet, chico's {i know, riiight?} // pin, chanel //  opaque tights, hue // suede ankle boots, cynthia rowley photo credit: jadefOX pictures  
moral of the story:  don't give up on your so-called summer pieces without a good fight.  play.  layer them up with items that aren't super bulky and you may be surprised at how great it looks.  viva la summer!

yours truly-

5 comments:

  1. i love this look! so many gorgeous layers.

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this dress too!! I wore it to Galgs' bridal luncheon you hosted!! I will have to whip it back out. It's downstairs in my summer stuff right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that dress! your layering and downplaying the dress to be more casual is too cute. :)

    xo
    alicia
    the-champagnelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks ladies -- layering is definitely one of my favorite things to do this time of year! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete